- 22 papers presented on pre-surgical mapping using Navigated Brain Stimulation
- Significant validation for technology currently in Phase III study for stroke therapy
Nexstim Plc (NXTMH:HEX, NXTMS:STO), a medical technology company aiming to improve rehabilitation for stroke patients through the use of non-invasive brain stimulation, announces its participation at the German Society of Neurosurgery 66th Annual Meeting (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurochirurgie (DGNC)) in Karlsruhe, Germany, from 7- 10 June, 2015.
22 papers in total, describing the clinical utility of Navigated Brain Stimulation (NBS), are being presented at the meeting, a selection of which are listed below:
- Pre-surgical navigated TMS motor cortex mapping improves surgical outcome in brain tumor surgery: a controlled study.
Thomas Picht, Dietmar Frey, Stefan Thieme, Stefan Kliesch, Peter Vajkoczy
- First clinical experience with the pre-operative navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation in over 50 cases of intracranial lesions.
Philipp Hendrix, Sebastian Senger, Mamon Dweek, Joachim Oertel, Karsten Schwerdtfeger
- Resection of prerolandic motor areas defined by nTMS motor evoked potentials correlates with postoperative motor function.
Tobias Moser, Lucia Bulubasova, Jamil Sabih, Florian Ringel, Bernhard Meyer, Sandro M. Krieg
- Predicting functional outcome in motor area related tumor surgery based on navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation data.
Tizian Rosenstock, Güliz Acker, Anna Zdunczyk, Vera Schwarzer, Peter Vajkoczy, Thomas Picht
- NBS-based DTI tracking of language pathways is an upcoming method to define language pathways.
Giovanni Raffa, Ina Bährend, Peter Vajkoczy, Thomas Picht
Janne Huhtala, Chief Executive of Nexstim, commented: “We are delighted to see Nexstim’s NBS technology featuring in such a large number of papers at this year’s DGNC, an increase even on last year. This not only further validates our technology but also demonstrates the importance of Nexstim’s NBS in the growing space of pre-surgical mapping.
We look forward to seeing the first interim data from our Phase III study for stroke therapy using our Navigated Brain Therapy in Q3 of this year.”
Janne Huhtala, CEO
Janne Huhtala, Chief Executive Officer
+358 (0)40 8615046
UB Capital Oy (Certified Adviser)
+358 (0)9 2538 0225
Consilium Strategic Communications
Mary-Jane Elliott / Ivar Milligan
+44 (0)20 3709 5700
About Nexstim Plc
Nexstim, formed in 2000 and based in Finland, is a medical technology company aiming to improve rehabilitation for stroke patients. Nexstim has pioneered its technology in brain diagnostics with the Navigated Brain Stimulation (NBS) system as the first and only FDA-cleared and CE-marked navigated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (nTMS) device for pre-surgical mapping of the motor and speech cortices. Based on the same technology platform, the company has developed a device for stroke therapy called Navigated Brain Therapy (NBT®). In H1 2014, Nexstim initiated a two-year pivotal Phase III study at 12 sites in the US aiming to demonstrate the effectiveness of NBT® and gain FDA clearance for commercialisation in post-acute stroke therapy in the US. Nexstim's shares are listed on Nasdaq First North Finland and Nasdaq First North Sweden. For more information please visit www.nexstim.com.